Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hades Hath No Music

Okay, so I think I've just found my new favorite song.
It's second on my playlist on this blog (I love that thing... but sorry the names cut off... one of these days I'm going to figure out how to expand the margin), and for some reason I just really, really like it. I was sitting around, going... "I need to go listen to that song..." It's called 'The Minnow and the Trout.'
And my theme song for the week? "Who Needs Sleep." Also on my playlist. You can hear it if you like.
So, because I'm in the mood, we're gonna talk about songs. Cuz this is my blog. And that's just what we do.
So, to the five people who actually bother to read my ramblings, let us converse.

Funny song of the week: 'Peanut Butter and Jelly' by Inside Out (song 7 on the list)... 'I'm peanut butter and you are jelly, and we're so happy on our piece of bread...' Love it!
Song that gets stuck in your head: 'Slow Me Down' by Emmy Rossum (song 8)
Song that always reminds me of something else: 'Viva la Vida' by Coldplay (song 24)... I always think of Kingdom Hearts II... I'm a geek!
Best Old-style song: "Man of constant sorrow" by the Soggy Bottom Boys...(song 9) yes this is the 'O brother where art thou' song
Catchy Song no one will admit to liking:'That's not my name' by the Ting Tings (song 27). Face it people. You all like it.
Best song about relationships: 'One Week' by Barenaked Ladies (song 29)
Oddest song: 'The Garden' by Mirah (song 32)

So, with that in mind, I kinda want to see what songs other people think would fit in these catagories... And no, they don't have to come from my blog playlist. :-)
(Taylor, speak up. I know you'd be good at this.)
So... that was my rambling for the day. Hopefully next time I'll have a funny story or something... >.<
Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh calling me out eh? I'll see what I can pull out!
    ***Funny Song: The Banana Splits Show Theme - The Banana Splits, wow what a throw back ... I cant be mad listening to this song ... its awesome
    ***Song that gets stuck in your head: I Feel Fantastic - Jonathon Coulton, This guy is awesome, he is the king of nerd music, but this song is SO CATCHY but I would always admit to liking it, so it stays in this catagory. (By the by listen to pretty much all of his songs beside "first of may" ... that song is not so good D:)
    ***Song that always reminds me of something else: Wonderful Night - Fatboy Slim, oooh variety in my music ... NO WAY! hehe; I listened to this song a ton when I played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 1 (yes I play number 2 now, this game is the most addicting game in the world, besides peggle [PEGGLE I LOVE YOU!]) I especially listened to it when I started dominating on that game, so the entire game was "a wonderful night"
    ***Best Old-style song: (What does this mean?) You raise me up - Josh Groban, NO NOT JOSH GROBAN!!! Does this count? ... Rj and I want to sing this song but change the words "BILL RAISES ME UP, SO THAT I CAN RUN THE DISTANCE!!!!!" well it's my song ... so there :P
    ***Catchy Song no one will admit to liking: My humps - Black Eyed Peas (ok no one besides Jake will admit to liking) Its catchy, i .... won't do it ... no I don't like this song *crosses fingers* but really, it fits.
    ***Best song about relationships: I will follow you into the dark - Deathcab for cutie, Ok so it's waaaay good, and its about relationships, although a little dark ... I love this song.
    ***Oddest song: Manah Manah - Cake, yes it was originally by cake (short skirt and a looooong jacket band) ... a little self explainitory, I love it to death, its just well ... MANAH MANAH do doo de doo doo
    HONORABLE MENTIONS
    Any Jonathon Coulton song, especially Skull Crusher Mountain, Code Monkey, and RE: Your Brains
    When you were young - The Killers
    Hey there Delilah - Plain White Tee's
    Anything Else I might think of the twenty minutes after I finish this that I will assume is "ten times better than the song I put on the list"

    Well that was unbeleiveably (sp?) fun! Do more stuff like this ... I had a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete