Monday, June 8, 2009

Yearbook day... oh yearbook day...

Soooo... today was yearbook day.
This was all fine and dandy except for a few things. I knew I had a 3 dollar fine for losing a book, which meant standing in a loooong long line outside the treasurer's office to pay it before I get my big, red, shiny yearbook.
So I'm like 'okay, whatever, my own fault, let's get this thing taken care of.'
So I wait in line.
Lines aren't so bad. I mean, sure, they can be tedious sometimes, but once you think about it, it's not too horrible, right? I mean, lines can be useful for many things. You can do a great many things while waiting in line. Like learning how much tolerance the person in front of you has while you constantly prod them and ask them 'are we close yet?' in a whiney voice. Or seeing how well you can balance that one pencil you borrowed from your friend and never got around to giving back on your nose. Lines are very useful when it comes to discovering useless facts that you'll never use. So, I try to be optomistic, right? And I continue to be optomistic, even though, out of the corners of my eyes, I swear I can see people building campfires and setting up pop tents.
Then a miracle happens, and I actually make it to the FRONT OF THE LINE.
So, I skip in and talk to the nice lady, holding my three dollars, owed for a misplaced copy of Beowulf. She looks down and is all 'That'll be forty-seven dollars please.'
Whaaaaaaaaat?
So I'm confused, and I get directed over to Head Treasurer Lady. She takes me into her office, inputs my student number, and 'mm-hmm's a little bit before she sits up and says that well, grouchy Fines Lady was right, it really is that much. Cross country isn't paid for, she says. And Auto Tech.
Both my parents can swear that those were taken care of, as said over the phone when I called home.
But fees are fees, and so my dad takes care of it and I get my year book. But somewhere, out there, the school has just gotten an extra forty-seven dollars. I hope they're very, very happy.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bre. It's Dad. You are a great writer. I love reading your stuff. Thank you for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Breanna, you didn't mention MY yearbook in yearbook day post!
    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol... okay, EDIT:
    I also lost Taylor's yearbook and felt really, really bad.
    The school should give him their extra fourty-seven dollars.

    ReplyDelete