Thursday, July 2, 2009

CALIFORNIA

Sooo... I've been in california for the past week or so... and here is my random spewing catchup session.

KNOT'S BERRY FARM
So, my brothers are in a dancing performing group, and they went on tour in Cali. So, day one we go to Knot's Berry Farm.
FYI... Dumbest theme park EVER.
I also have a question... What does this park have to do with Snoopy? And why is he everywhere? Not that I have an issue with Peanuts or anything... but it's hard to enjoy your lunch when you have a big dog staring at you going 'PLAY WITH ME.'
We also saw 'Everybody Loves Snoopy,' a random, psychadellic ice show with mascots wearing big plush heads skating around and dancing with professional skaters in miniskirts.
Hm.

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS
Day two, the boys dance at Universal Studios.
Much, much better than Knot's Berry Farm, let me tell you. And bigger. There's an awesome tour, where you get to go through the studio itself... waaay fun. I can't describe it, so you'll have to see it yourself.
There's also this WAY cool Jurassic Park ride... you're in a raft and floating down a river, looking at all these herbavores and marvelling at rather jerky anamatronics, and then you 'accidentally' float into a restricted zone and get spit at by angry velociraptors.
There's a huge drop at the end, right under a t-rex that pops out of the wall... and they take your picture.
I am never showing anyone mine. >.<

SIX FLAGS-MAGIC MOUNTAIN
Hmm...
Talk about huge roller coasters. There's one called the Goliath that my dad and brother went on, and they literally almost blacked out because of the g-force. It takes you up WAY HIGH, and then shoots you down... underground.
That can't be good for your health.
Another question: What is the connection with Six Flags and Looney Tunes? THEY'RE EVERYWHERE. You can't walk past without seeing Bugs Bunny grinning at you from somewhere.
That, and comics. The Superman ride? Duuuude. 50-foot tall vertical drop. BACKWARDS.
Egyaaarguh.
Food there? Icky. Just so you know. BYOL. Bring your own lunch.

DISNEYLAND
Whoot.
Okay, it's the place everyone knows. Meet the magic. It's also a place of hyped up prices and ten-dollar burgers, but hey. It's freakin' Disneyland.
Haunted Mansion? SHWEET.
Splash Mountain? Also shweet, except I'm never showing anyone my picture for that one either. Could my mouth get any bigger? Seriously.
Winnie the Pooh ride... I'm sorry, but someone was a little up in the clouds when they were making that one. Neon colors and flashing lights. "Heeeehfuluuuumps and WOOOZULLLS..."
Spinning colors and maniac woozle laughter... someone needed to lay off the Happy Juice... Or at least to stop sniffin' Pixie Sticks...
Indiana Jones... Probably would have been better if I'd had my glasses at the time. I don't wear them a lot (my bad), so everything was like "What's that line? A snake? Oh. A snake. Don't look into the eyes of the idol? What ido-- OH."
And going into Sudden Doom gives you whiplash.
Buzz Lightyear... That ride rocks. You get to shoot stuff. Except it stopped in the middle, and my mom was right in front of this big bonus target that I just couldn't reach... and so I got my butt kicked.
I will show people my picture for that one. I look COOOOOL.

CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
Didn't get to do stuff here, really... We saw this Alladin musical that was about 45 minutes... But I'm talking, like, full blown production. Effects and everything. Wires for the flying carpet, smoke, trapdoors... And the guy who played the genie needed an award or something. He was HILARIOUS. And a great ad-libber.

"I wish... to be SULTAN!"
*silence*
"Uh... congradulations. You're sultan. *Pause* Hah, you know what would be great? If your last name was Peppershaker. Hah. Haha. Salt-And-Pepper-Shaker? Haha. Haha. Haha...you're mean."

Or even better,

Jasmine: Do you expect me to fall in love with every prince that just bursts in and tries to steal my heart with gold and riches?
Genie: *Jumps in* BURST! Hi, I'm here in favor of Prince Ali, who has lots of gold and riches!

And Soaring Over California? WOW! Way cooool. Love it.
Didn't get to go on Tower of Terror tho. (pout)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you remembered ... at least the Tower of terror crossed your mind.
    And you sure you wont show ANYONE your pictures, *makes best puppy dog face he can* PWEEEEEEEZE? Hehehe ...
    I am glad you had lots of fun on your trip, now your officially back, and RJ is officially gone *goes and hides in the corner*
    "So taylor what did you do while I was in New york?" said RJ
    "nothing ... except sit here and wait for you to come back ..."
    Man it is wierd, he wont be back for two weeks
    I have no idea what I will do at all ...
    Sorry, didn't mean to hijack subjects ...
    Again, glad to see you're back! Now you can go to Cross Country!!! ... please? Okay, yes you don't have to ...
    Hijacked again ... sorry.
    Well before I hijack it again ...
    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun trip! We sure missed you this week at camp. Still going to trek next week? I'm still planning on having you over for a slumber partay!

    ReplyDelete