Monday, July 13, 2009

Bath and Body Works...

Okay, so has anyone else seen anything odd in Bath and Body's lotion names?
I mean, they used to make sense. Like Fresh Cucumber. And Cucumber melon. (Sorry, got a cucumber craving) I mean, you can smell cucumbers. But lately...
Okay, here's an example. 'Black Amathyst.' It's a lotion, and a perfume, and a body wash. But I say this: First of all, amathysts are purple (excuse my spelling). Second of all, seriously people, it's a jewel. It isn't supposed to smell like anything. So what is this scent supposed to be, exactly?
And another. Sensual Amber. Amber is something that comes out of trees and is mostly noted for preserving bugs. And we want to be rubbing this all over our legs?
Just a thought.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought Wierd scents was a girl thing ... guess not.
    My sisters like gem scent stuff, wierdos, just like all girls ;-P (Kidding, I don't wanna die Breanna) ...
    Me? I enjoy the soap at the swimming pool, Apple Cinnamon Rain, or as I like to call that scent, Happiness =)
    Well, I am confused here too ...
    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. It goes back to the advertising dictum "Sell the sizzle, not the steak."

    ReplyDelete