Friday, July 17, 2009

DRAAAACO! (warning, may contain Harry Potter spoilers!)

Soooo... I saw harry potter 6... twice.
No, I'm not a huge geek. My friend asked me to go with him and his family (they had an extra ticket), with the sole requirement that I had to wear a bright red Griffindor robe. So I probably looked like a geek. But I'm not. I swear. So I went with them, and the next day (i.e. today) my family decides to go too.
So, I've seen it twice. I still come to the same conclusion: Whoever plays Draco Malfoy is REALLY GOOD.
I mean, seriously. He needs some sort of big movie award. Anyone who can make you want to reach into the screen and try to fix his life is really, really good at his job. This guy is probably the first villain you want to go and hug.
And the writing is a lot better for this movie. It's way more natural, along with the interactions with other characters.
And I gotta say, Harry hyped up on Liquid Luck potion is something everyone's gotta see.
"Well, that and the pinchers." (moves fingers in crab-like motion)
Seriously. FUNNY.
And their conversations about girls.
"And... she's got nice skin."
"Skin? You're saying he's dating my sister because of her skin?"
"No, I'm just saying it could be a contributing factor..."
Boys, do you all really have conversations like this?
I'm just curious...
So yeah. A lot better made than the other movies. Thumbs up. Go see.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, to answer your question ... No, not exactly.
    In my experience, the things guys say in conversations like that (ones where they don't know what to say) it turns out like:
    "She ... She rocks, ... and I, she ... I just don't know."
    'cause we don't wanna sound like a jerk and say "Part of it is cause she is HOT!"
    and we don't wanna sound like mush and say "She makes me feel this, and she's so nice, and ... (insert more mushiness)"
    well that's not entirely true either ... I don't mind sounding like a mush ...
    Hoping that helps ...
    And with your review I might just go see this ... when RJ returns ofcourse! If you like you could come along too!
    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete